Alok Sharma MP and Secretary of State for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), has made clear that there is no restriction on manufacturing continuing under the current rules. The Government are advising that UK manufacturing companies should continue operating where they can do so safely.
In order to ensure the safety of all employees, which is paramount, we intend to begin a gradual, phased return to work across the business beginning Monday 27th April.
As detailed above, we are starting a phased return to work from the 27th April 2020. Please do not return to work on this date unless you have received either an email or telephone call from your line manager instructing you to do so.
COVID-19 risk assessment
BAS Castings Limited has conducted a thorough COVID-19 risk assessment. Preventative measures have been implemented to reduce the workplace risk to the lowest reasonably practical level based on the results of the assessment.
We confirm we have complied with the government's guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
UK Manufacturer of High Integrity Iron Castings.
Established in 1973, BAS Castings Ltd is a successful and expanding foundry business manufacturing high integrity castings for a worldwide customer base within a weight range of .5kgs to 4000 kgs.
Continual investment in modern manufacturing techniques, career training and a commitment to Quality & Environmental Management systems has enabled BAS Castings to provide a cost effective and flexible approach to our customers demands.
Our customers are valued partners and key to our continued business development. Close liaison through all stages of the production cycle including initial design ensure that we are able to offer a first class product, manufactured in the most cost effective manner. Our aim is to ensure that commercial advantage and product dependability result in increased business opportunities for both parties.
Our manufacturing aims are:
- Production flexibility / cost effective products
- High levels of casting integrity
- Close technical liaison and ongoing support
- Superb surface finish
- Close dimensional control
- Complete supply options